Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Week 58


Hey everybody:

   Well first off, If you guys remember the family of 4 I baptized in my first area, Raquel, Gabby, Naylei, and gustavo....well Raquel died yesterday.....right after church, she had a heart attack, and died in the hospital....It mad me really sad at first because, I never said goobye to her...I was taken out of my first area so fast, that I never got the chance to say goodbye and I have a letter written to her in my hand that I never got around to sending....It would have taken me 2 minutes to give it to the zone leaders, but I never did it...It hit me pretty hard, to know that she must be in the spirit world, preaching to those on the other side, and she was active in the church literally untill the day she died, it is now oficially one of my goals to return to mexico, and watch that family get sealed in the temple.

  Apart from that, Elder Whitney who was a good friend of mine here in the mission, was sent to another mission, he was sick and couldn't sleep and was having a really hard time, so the President let me know that he was to go to the Atlanta Georgia mission, where I believe Preston Johnson is at. He was in my district for just 2 weeks,

  I am now in a Trio!!! Elder Velez had no one to stay with, because Elder Whitney left, so we are now in charge of two whole wards.. I'm glad to have the other side of me ward again, I really missed a lot of investigators on that side of the area, most all of them I found from contacting in the street. So, I'm now in a trio, for just a week, because this saturday we will be receiving a new missionary and he will be going directly into our ward....

  Things are going pretty good, it was a pretty stressfull week at first, but it all changed when I saw all of the less actives and investigators there in church, It made me feel really happy, because we found a less active about a month ago, and she completely denied us, saying that she didn't want anything to do with the church, nor the missionaries but after alot of work, she came to church...!!! we actually had our primariy program yesterday, which was awesome!!! I got to see the same primary program 2 times, in both the wards that I'm going to!! I didn't realize it is the same for every ward, maybe it's like that just here in Mexico.

   This week, we all went out to eat with our mission leader, who bought us the most spicy food that I have eaten here in mexico. my comp couldn't do it so we had to order a diffrent plate, we were all dying and I was crying. My mouth looked like the monsters lips from monsters inc, when he gets all the scream sucked out of him...hahaha

   Elder Johnson is a boss Elder, you guys may not believe me, but it is as if I was serving with my best friend Harrison Jones. He has completely the same personality. He's tall with loose blond hair as well. He plays computer games and Literally makes the same jokes as Harrison Jones would do. I'm seriously blown away becasue he is exactly the same!!!!

   My mission leader is really really weird. He's like  a really evangelico (evangelist), which means like he talks about God and has no idea what he's saying, but he is really rich, lives in like a museum, and likes gears of war. At the same time he likes scaring children, and loves to buy missionaries really spicy food. He's the weirdest guy  I know, He just got baptised and still calls the church, the temple....haha

I love being a missionary. I'm always facing new callenges and problems that help me grow and I know I will come back a changed guy!!! Loves all around

      Elder Michael Ordway



















No comments:

Post a Comment