Thursday, May 15, 2014

week 86- baptism, I didnt get transfered, last phone call home, pizza and volley ball,



  This week was awesome; First off we had a marvelous baptism, the family of 7 that we had reactivated, their two daughters are now getting baptized, one was 9 and counted as a convert baptism, and one is 8 and counts as a ward baptism ( or I don't what it's called).  The spirit was really strong, we were really worried because it was poorly annouced by the bishopric, so Elder Hernandez and I prayed begging for a good turn out and at 5:00 there wasn't a soul there besides ourselves , not even the family showed up, but within 15 mintues 17 people showed up ( which is a lot for a baptismal service here) the primary sang, and Fernanda asked me to baptize her and Elder Hernandez to confirm her. The water here in Iztacalco is green, so we bought food coloring and threw in the whole bottle to change the color of the baptismal water,(to red!! naw just joking, to blue)

  We had changes!! and we didn't get changed, Elder Hernandez will oficially be the comp that I have had the longest and I will be here for 6 month which is the longest area that I will have, actually 5 of the 6 elderes in the ward stay, only Elder Taylor that just got her is leaving and is going to me first area contreras 2!! so that's pretty sweet

  The mother's day phone call home was awesome, it had a different feel to the call home, as it is my last call home I felt a bit more confortable, like everything is going to be ok feeling. We had internet problems for like 3 hours but, eventually I just talked to my beloved famliy by phone. Happy mothers day MOM!!!}

  Today we ended the change by playing volleyball in the church, (the only sport we are allowed to play) and we ordered pizza right to the church. It was really fun and good bonding time with my fellow Elders. This week we should be baptizing again, and the week after that too!! I love my mission, I love mexico, I love america!! 

Elder Ordway












No comments:

Post a Comment