Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 32

   Wow another super eventfull week!!! I ended my last area with 4 baptisms and it was super hard to leave. Every single person I visited balled their eyes out when I told them we were leaving. It was just as hard as leaving home because these are people that I'm so close to. I'm probably never going to see them again. It was really hard to accept the fact, and in the morning we throw everything into the back of a taxi and left. We left the house completely empty. No food, No toilet paper (sorry) No nothing. But I met my new comp Elder Perez.

     I've known him for a litte bit before. I've seen him at some of the zone meetings. The things about Elder Perez is that his visa was stalled for a whole year, so he was stuck in Argentina serving there for a year before finally he got his visa. He's from Argentina and he is so argentinian. He hates mexican food, and loves mate. He has a ton of mate in the house and we drink it all the time!! Elder Perez is a super good elder. We call him a fereseo. or fagicee (from the bible) because he is super obedient and doesn't do anything wrong. He is like a robot with rules, they can't be broken under his watch. Elder Perez also......has a disformed hand....yeah when he was a little kid he grabbed a  super hot metal rob and it like melted his hand and threw the whole growth  abilitly off road. I won't go too much into his hand, but it's weird. I've gotten used to it now, but people in the street just stare at it and the moment that they shake his hand, they are turned off. It actually makes it really hard to contact because people get scared and don't want anything. It seems like  before contacting was soo easy. Everyone was interested in the two white boys walking around, but it's all good. I'm not complaining. He's super funny and works hard. 

   This area that I'm in now is dead. There is hardly any work here compared to what my last area was like. I've never taught so many members asking for references and contacted in the street to find new investigators. I also get sent to a huge area and is... I think... the nicest in all of the mission, like super rich. All the members here are loaded and  everyone else is too. It's nothing like my old poor area where the people were humble and needed the gospel all in their lives. Here it's like trying to preach the gospel in the south hills. Everyone has had their religions for years. The oldest member in our ward, his grandpa was a member from birth. That's sooo long ago. The church building is super nice, is actually the stake center and is huge. 

    We share a house with two other elders!!! Finally. I've always wanted that. After I saw the movie "The Best Two Years". I've wanted to be in a house with 4 and I can tell you that is awesome. It's wild and fun and can barely feel the spirit during studies, but it makes me love being a missionary. Is a nice house too, well kinda. Finally we have water pressure again. My whole mission I didn't have water pressure  but because we are so low, it's not a problem. I haven't climbed a mountain in the last week, so I'm barley ever tired. The members give us food and one member has her own milk factory, so we get milk free and cereal. We have Elder Perez from Argentina, another Elder Perez from mexico (Chiapas, and Elder Mathis trained him!!) and Elder Valenzuela from Chile. All in the house. so there is a ton of spanish. which is not a problem anymore. My mind thinks in Spanish and English now. Actually the president made a rule now, that we have to pray, read the mission manual and sing in English, so that all the natives can learn English. No one likes to pray in English, so they always make me do it. I now carry a little book with  me so that I can write down all the words I'm learning in the house. It sucks because Spanish is completely different in each country. We'll really different. So I'm learning Argentinian Spanish now, which is cool because I will be able to talk with Ellie. For example; in Argentina they speak in vos instead of tu, which is kind of similar, but very different, so I have to learn spanish all over again. It's like trying to switch to driving stick after so many years of driving automatic. 

   My comp doesn't believe in bringing his camera around with him or writing in a journal. I don't know what he's thinking. Honestly. He's going to regret that for the rest of his life, but he just doesn't like mexican food. I called the Elders that are in my old area and they baptized my investigators 3 days after I left. We worked super hard with Jose and I was a bit sad to see someone else take all the credit, but he's going to be a great addition to the church. He receives the priesthood this sunday. Turns out,  that people here just eat the left over sacrament bread....that's so wrong. This is the second week in a row now that I've had to teach the gospel principles class, but it's not even hard now that I'm a missionary. 

   We went to a mini Wal-mart and bought some food. I also need to cut my hair again. It's getting long. I've also learned more cuss words that ever before, in 3 different countries. I'm super stoked to call home and talk with you guys. I don't think it will be this sunday, but I'm pretty sure saturday. I will send another message to inform you guys how it should go down. I don't know if i'll be calling or if I give you guys a number and a time, but once I figure it out, I will let you guys know and if I don't send home an email saying what to do. I will probably call. My comp wants to skype, but every missionary I've ever talked to said that skype is horrible here and Eric said it was a bit weird. I hope everything is cool at home and I'm very happy here in my mission. I couldn't not have chosen a better mission. 
   

  Mexico it awesome and this area isn't all that hot. 

                           -See you guys soon Elder Ordway
















No comments:

Post a Comment