Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Week 76



    Well  Elder Hernandez and I are rolling in the area. We are helping a lot of people to get prepared for baptism within the next few weeks.

   I forgot to say but we had a awesome Zone training and we talked about how the Lord is accelerating the work and has called forth his best missionaries to serve at this time and we taught a lot about how to better our studies to have a personal testimony and learn the doctrine better. It was a really awesome Zone training, it latest 3 hours and we are to have another zone training in a couple weeks.

   This thrusday we are going to meet up with the Iztapalapa Zone and watch the opening of the Mtc here in Mexico, and listen to the talks that were given. I'm really stoked for that. Im still having trouble believing that I got to shake hands with Elder Oaks. Basically everything he taught us in the conference a couple weeks ago, are being put into practice and workin' like never before. 

    My camera is working decently, there are still some features that I  haven't been able to figure out yet, because the pictures still come out a little blurry sometimes, but it's a nice camera.  I'm trying to take more pictures of everything I see, there are some things here that I think the people would kill me for taking pictures of it; like  the super old catholic churches here that look awesome, but are really protected by people. haha... Elder Hernandez and I bought soo much fruit last week and we've been making smoothies every night. The latest invention is the mango, strawberry, quava, lime smoothie. The pineapple, apple smoothie is really good too. But if there is anything that I've learned here is that the apples are soo much better in the US. 

   Elder Hernandez and I as we have been working out a lot more, I lost an arm wrestle to an elder 2 weeks ago and I swore to him that I would win this change that comes up, so we go running every other morning and we do workouts every other day. My goal is to get ripped in mexico. 

   I've lost all hope of getting tan here, sadly my first few weeks in Mexico  i got tan, but since then my skin stays the same, I can't even get burn anymore. No matter how long I stay in the sun, my skin doesn't change. 

   We had interchanges this week with one of the district leaders, Elder Rivera and I wasn't a pleasant sight, he is maybe the Elder that is struggling most in the mission, with his comp, his district, and his area, he was on the verge of crying, actually at night, when we had our evaluation, he was crying. He told me a lot of things that were happening to him. I listen for hours and used the scriptures to the best of my ability to satisfy his needs, I grew really close to Elder Rivera that day, and the last time we reported he told me he was going a lot better.

 I bought a cell phone hodler in the tiangis for really cheap and a mexican bandanda too. 

   My hair is pretty long right now, same with Elder Hernandez, who by the way has the same type of hair that I have, but just black haha, so we are going to get it cut today.  Things in the mission are really good, I wrote this letter really fast , so there might be a lot of mistakes, but with love,

            Elder Ordway
















No comments:

Post a Comment