Sunday, December 29, 2013

Week 67

Hola Amigos. Feliz Navidad ( Hi Friends. Merry Christmas)

    Wow what an awesome week we had. I haven't been able to write in a while because so much has been happening, but really that's not that new in the mission. We've had some good weeks lately. The area is really strong, and we will be baptising 3 here very soon.  Today I completed 15 months... and it doesn't feel like it at all. By the look of my clothes though, they've taking a beating from all the walking... my jansport backpack has ripped, holes in my pants and so much sun is starting to turn the pants red. But there still holding strong, and they all last  till the end of the mission.

    I've been getting pretty good at giving District meetings. It took me a while to learn how to look at each area of the district and teach something applying to their need. I love my whole district. There is an elder in my district with a serious "alma" past life. He's got tattoos and what not on his body, but he turned his life around so much that he's now on a mission, but sadly because of his tattoos, he can only wear long sleeves. I love all the elders in my district and sadly one went home to his house this last week. Elder Salazar was sick ever since he left iztapala and regretably he had to go home for good, so he spent christmas in the hosptial in his house....

   Our Christmas was sooo ballin!!!! first off, on christmas eve eve, the zone leaders came to my district meeting and they told me that it was awesome. I felt really good, and on christmas eve, we woke up and went straight to painting this less actives house. I helped reactive a less active and we went to go paint her house, ALL Day we were there painting and painting. We kept taking brakes to eat, because every 10 minutes she would make us something to eat. We got our food that day stuffed to the gut. We went to go sing that day, because no one wanted us to come over haha. So all 8 elders went to this huge mall and after singing 1 verse of joy to the world, the police kicked us out. We went shopping and the best part of the year was skyping with my family and friends. I've got to say that skype is so much better than calling, being able to talk to everyone and see your faces makes it so much more special. Although it went by 8 times faster than normal.....we went to got brake piñatas that day, we went to a fairly poor family, but one of my favorites who only put sugar cane in the piñatas. Sugar cane is like a bamboo type of wood, that you chew and suck the sugar water out of. if you eat too much, supposedly it turns your teeth black. but it tastes like your eating just "sugar in water".....

   On christmas we went straight to Culhuacan's house. We brought our little burner and a bunch of food. We listened to music and danced and made food all morning. I ate like 9 oranges and french toast (which I haven't eating since 16 months ago) all morning. We then went to the church and played Volleyball, which is now a new possibility. Before we weren't allowed to play anything, but volleyball is the only sport, so for a good 4 hours we played 4 on 4. then for about 2 minutes we played missionary style rugby....but we stopped...haha...

   Today we got to go the visitors center here in Mexico City's temple.. It was soooo cool and really high tech, they have the first book of mormon in spanish and books of mormon in so many different languages. They trained us in how to give tours to our investigators. Elder Johnson and I have been putting the peddle down in looking for less actives and Old investigators. We have changes in 2 sundays, 

Loves all around Elder Ordway





















No comments:

Post a Comment