Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Week 64

   While there is Snow in Oregon, there is Sunshine here. Mexico City has a really interesting wheather system. Right now it's decent temperature outside, nothing like how cold it was in Contreras a year ago. Here in the heart of the City it's alot more warm and only in the mornings in our aparment it's cold. We actually have to study with blankets rapped around us, but the moment we leave the house its warm again.

   Elder Johnson is sick again, I feel bad for the guy because I went through that same thing when I got here in Mexico, for example, we just got our Little one burner stove top thing, and we made Tacos de Chorizo, I really don't know what kind of meat it is but it's good. I ate three tacos and with the one taco that Elder Johnson ate, we had to call the doctor hahah....

   We had a straight miracle happen to us this week: on a day without success a week ago, we were looking for old investigators from years ago that looked decent. We knocked on a door and no one was home, a lady came from behind us and said that her husband wasn't home, we put a return date with her, having no idea who she was and who her "husband" was. This week when we came to visit them, turns out that they are less actives that moved into our ward from another state, they became less active 5 years ago, and they have a son now that wants to get baptised who is 9 years old!!. They are by far, the coolest family I have know here in Mexico, 

   I eat every time I go write you guys a cup of pineapple with salt and chili and lime, as they like it here in Mexico, Turns out too, that the whole week of Christmas, we will be able to sing as a district in big public parks, because no one was really home last year, the President has given us permission to take Christmas week slowly. or in other words, we barely have to work. There are no standards of excellence.!! I'll also be able to call home, whatever day during Christmas week.

   Elder Johnson just got his Christmas package and it came with a bunch of Christmas lights. We put them all up in the house and we played music while eating tacos. It felt like I was in Eugene Oregon.......just eating tacos.......We also had our Ward Christmas activity. Where it was a talent show by all the members, it was pretty dang awesome, as a lot of people here know how to dance salsa, mamba, bachata, and a bunch of other mexican/south american dances.

  We have a ton of work to do here in this area, and I'm so glad I'm a Missionary During Christmas, I'll be spending Christmas making french toast and hanging out with my dear District Elders that I love so much. Being a District Leader is the best ever. The only bad about it, is having to get on missionaries backs all the time for disobedience, or not working hard.

        Loves all around. Feliz Navidad 
                                                    Elder Ordway








No comments:

Post a Comment