Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 60


Hola a Todos!!

   A wonderful week indeed. We have two families going really strong. One of which, the mom simply did not want to get baptized, she did not want to change her old life. But that's no match compared to Elder Johnson and I and the Spirit.....We came into the lesson and we blasted her with an atonement lesson, and applied it so well to baptism, I'm surprised she wasn't baptized that night. She accepted a baptismal date and now this family, there all my best friends... a Single mom who's husband was killed and her 3 children. 
Basically everyone you teach here are single moms....it really makes me sad. But the other family that we are teaching, is Victoria and Zaory. They're really awesome and Victoria, (as well single mom) received an answer so strongly about the book of mormon. She's way awesome, and the best part is, she makes hamburgers every night, so she gives us free american food all the time. 

   I've really been able to make my english personality come out in spanish. I feel like I can love the people I teach more when I can freely speek my mind and personality. These families are awesome, the only thing is that one feels a lot of anger towards the people that killed their dad and husband. It really is a sad situation. 

  I'm not sure if I saw the following this week or last week, and if I've already explained it but: Elder Johnson and I were contacting some guy in the street, when we saw a gang of 8 guys run up and throw some other guy to the ground right by us. They ripped his shirt off and then threw him into the wall. As they started beating the life out of this guy, I felt so soooo bad. I don't know what the situation was, but I couldn't bear to see this guy get his guts beat out of him. I seriously wanted to run up and say to them "SILENCE, ye fiends of the infernal pit. … Cease such talk, or you or I die THIS INSTANT!" but I didn't.... We've been working really hard with the ward missionaries and someone in our ward just got her call to the Dominican Republic!! the other Elders in the ward finally found a sweet house to live in, but it's a house for 4 people, so they want us to move there with them... well see what happens

   I just got off the phone with a missionary in my first area, who told me that the less active family I helped return to church, the dad just received the melchizedek priesthood, and they will be entering into the temple within a couple weeks. that almost made me cry to know that....

I should be sending home a sweet package, but I don't know yet. Everything is good here in Mexico.

Loves all around,

        Elder Ordway

































No comments:

Post a Comment