Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week 50

Hey everbody!! wow , a lot happened in the last week. 

First off, when I received our transfers, I was stoked, because they just put enough missionaries in my old zone to split it in half, so the mission just opened up two new zones, one of which is zone Culhuacan!! the zone I just got transferred to. It's not too far away from my other areas, but pretty far. I've never been on this side of the mission before, so I don't know the streets at all! but I went around and said goobye to everyone I liked most (; and took some pictues, my camera is almost completely busted from all the rain pour, but I made it last until changes.. I was sad to leave San Pedro. I also felt like I left a good amount of my heart in that area. I also new the whole ward inside and out, along with all the streets like the back of my hand. I gave my last district meeting there in talpan, and it was completly bs{ed. I didn't study whatsoever for it, because I was sure the zone leaders weren't coming to inspect it, but of course, they came and they even told me that I did a great job with the meeting, little did they know that it was completly bs{ed.

     We arrived at tasqueña really early, at 6 in the morning, and were the first ones there. I met my new comp Elder Natareno who is from Guatamala, he's a really interesting comp, he has been raised in really ugly conditions, he always tells me how many killing there are, and how you can't mess around with anyone, because they will "tirar el plomo" or drop the lead, as they say it here, he was peer pressured in going on a mission, and is the only member in his family. He is very interesting, as he doesn't feel love. He's like a robot that teaches and applies techniques in his teaching, he literally cleaned half of everything in the house this morning and left the other half for me, like half the floor, half the bathroom, half the dishes. So we will see how it goes with Elder Natareno. He's cool though, hes' helping me learn Guatemalan spanish. 

      The house was a complete dump too when I got here. Nothing was organized in this place, there has been pure mexican missionaries here for like a year now and you can tell too, I don't have very much time, but all in all, it's really cool here, the whole district is completely dead, we are barely teaching anyone here, the area is pure apartments. I've never seen anything like it before and there is a hugeeeeeee Santa Muerte outside our house, twice the size of me, I would take a picture, but that is were all the gang thugs hang out. 

     Ill let you in on more of what's happening here in Culhuacan next week, along with the pictures. I bought a hammock today for 9 $ and a bunch of other stuff here in the tiangis, I'm going to try and send you guys home a package!! 

    Love,

             Elder Ordway



No comments:

Post a Comment