Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Week 38


Wow, so Elder Perez and I enjoyed our last days together. We went and ate Carnitas together and He packed while I wrote in my journal. Seriously, I already miss that guy and he's only been gone one week. But we arrived a little late to the transfers. Normally everyone and their comps that have transfers during the changes, meet up at a mother church. The biggest I've ever seen. Two chapels and a basketball court all indoor....the moment I got out of the car I saw my whole generation!!!! literally all of my best friends were there and all of my old comps. But Elder Milner (assistant) grabbed me the moment I got out and told me that I had a meeting for those who were going to be training. We ran to the meeting and I met my new comp. His name is Elder Carrigan. He's from Herman Utah  (of course, all from utah) He doesn't speak spanish at all, and his a little .....chubby.....haha but that doesn't even matter. (; We waited for him to have interviews with the president for a couple of hours as I got to know some of the Elders in the mission. I later learned that every single one of my comps and everyone, literally everyone in my generation are going to the other mission....It hurt me to hear that, because I love to death Elder Perez, and Elder Mathis. Elder Mathis was like my dad, and Elder Perez, my big brother. and all my friends are leaving in two weeks....But ive got to get over it.

    We got to work as soon as we returned to our area and I leanred that Elder Carrigan was cut out for mexican life. He had problems with the hills in our area and the food is too spicy for him..haha....His first 10 minutes together... he left his backpack in the taxi. He left all his scriptures, camera and his bag....which sucks a lot, becasue your scripture are you weapon of war. I would rather be in Mexico with my scriptures than with just money..He doesn't have any money either and the mission took forever to get him his card. So I used like 400 pesos on him..But besides all that, I really enjoy our time together. He doesn't like to talk that much, but he is learning fast. His spanish is super bad and doesn't have an appetite. I don't know how he even walks with how much he doesn't eat. Maybe I've just been used to mexican size meals. Where your eating for an hour and a half..hahaha..he still hasn't gotten sick yet, but is only a matter of days. I still have to teach him about the culture here, because he offends people every time we enter into a house...haha...for example, when people offer you food; you have to take it, becasue people will think that you think their too poor to accept it or if your too modest ( like "no im fine thanks"). They think your rich and don't feel at home... there is a lot to learn about the culture and how you should act, especially when it contradicts the misson rules. But we are going to work hard together this transfer. I have no doubt in my mind that he is going to open up here in a couple days. 

   I imagine it's  big shock for him to have to eat cactus and spicy food and walk super fast and super far. He found 200 pesos in the street and never told me until this morning, when I've been running out of money..haha..he thought it was fake. I hope the missionaries in the house don't rub off their disobedience on him, because from utah, they are either the best missionaries or the worst, but I already know he's going to be the best.

    Our district is a little disobedient and frito, but I know we can help them. We had triple the lessons as another area and half the time. I spent hours on the phone with the zone leaders and president and all the areas in the district talking about meetings and a change of preparation day, and there was an earthquake last night. So I had to call everyone. Just today we had our 6th of the 7th meetings we have to go to and the president talk specifically to the new disctrict leaders and how their going to feel alone and without help, but we need to learn to go to the Lord...and it's true, it was a hard week and I felt no support from anyone in the district, and then the Zone Leaders got on my back for this and that. I'm sure it's all part of becoming a better missionary. 

   Two americans came to the ward today and it was weird seeing americans that weren't missionaries. They married mexicans and served here a long time ago. They returned to visit and we talked a bit. I still don't feel like I'm a good enough missionary... I've gotten really trunky again, as I once again saw my old ward...that came to the stake center at the same time as I  did and to hug them and shake their hands (to the girls) it was tough to have to go back to San Pedro, but I feel focused and love this area now more than I have before. 

   I love hearing about the stories and success of Christian, Eric, and Tyler, and Erik, and Annica, and Mckenna. I feel happy having been choosing  to serve at this time and be a leader to the upcoming generation and army of missionaries that are coming. We will see how Elder Carrigan progresses this week, I'm sure its much harder for him than me right now. I love you all and I feel the Lord's help in my life more than ever. 


Elder Ordway










No comments:

Post a Comment