Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week 1

  Hey Everyone. Im doing great!! The MTC is really cool. The food here is awesome, and literally everyone here has a great personality and is very kind to everyone. I feel like belong here. 
    
   When I left I thought that I would miss home alot, but I is as if this is my new home. Thats not to say though that I dont miss home alot. Every night when I get your Dear elders, I think of what Im missing and it is really hard to imagin, but I am blesses here unlike I have evr been before. 
   
    The food here is decent, the first week it was alright, but now it is starting to make me gain weight already. plus it is not very good for you. Every morning though at 6, I wake up and work out so it makes up for it. The spirit here is crazy. Everywhere you go there is the spirit in the room. I can focus in every class or workshiop. Although You get about 6 hours sleep here each night. Which makes my days so tried. 
   
     I cant wait for general conference. Although missionaries wont be able to sing in the choir. The language is coming nicely. Im the best one in my class at spanish, so evryone calls me Maestro Ordway. Ive gotten used to being called Elder now, and it is as if ive forgotten my first name already. During Class we have a teacher who comes every other day and teaches us for about 2 hours. Her name is Hermana Bradley and she is way cool. There is also like 4 other adults who are return missionaries walking around and given spiritual advice to people. Ive learned that it is not how good you are at speaking your language, its about how good you are at speaking with the spirit that teaches people, its so true!! 
   
     Every day here except sundays and P day, you have Gym whether at 6:15 in the morning or in the afternoon. Either way my two favorite sports are being playing Soccer, and Volleyball. everyone here is really good at both, so I enjoy it so much. During afternoon gym, we can play beach volleyball or field soccor. We do district vs district, which is about 10 v 10. Its so much fun. 

     My companion's name Is Elder Holman, and he is from mesa Arizona. He is a cool guy, but it is like being companions with a 40 year old. He is always so serious. Which kind of sucks, but Ive gotten used to it. Eric tells me his companion is the same way. i have only seen Eric 3 times now. luckily once at the temple. it was such a great time talking with him. Waking up at 6 is killer. iT is always dark out, like midnight dark, adn you can barely think striaght, It makes you tired for the whole week. Luckily today I can take a nap. We are going to have a squirt gun fight here soon after im done typing here. and I guess you have to sign up for a hairciut 2 weeks in advance, and my hari is getting long. by the way.

    I dont wont to miss a moment here at the MTC, so many funny things happen. And everyone here has jokes that are church related which make them evern more funny. On our second day here, we got a fake investager, who we haveto speak spanish to. after a couple lesson we commited her to baptism. The lesson were verry hard, since my companinon doesnt speak a lic of spanish. The guys in my district are all very funny and there is one guy:Elder Barcus, who is kind of a "rebel" he doesnt obey the rules and he gets a package every single daye, he is at 6 already. food and candy evry time for him lol. The Provo temple is cool adn it was a great experience to go today. i did an endowment session here and got lost in the temple, haha. 

   The food in the temple was great. Keep sending me Dearelders and tell all my friends to write me, I miss them and reaaaally want to hear from them. But I love all the dear elders, they help every night. We have a MTC Store here that is like a mini walmart. It seem like they have evrything here. Ow by the way, if you find my watch please send it. I cant give you my address yet, but i will send you a letter as soon as i get off this computer.We all beared our testimony this sunday in spanish. and after 1 day, we are to all pray in spanish every night. it is crazy heree.I am very interested in your vacation, let me know how it went. Also once a week we do service here, and clean some part of the MTC, The rules here are very strict and it is hard to follow them all. but we have a little white handbook. In the showers every morning, people are singing and it brings so much joy to me. Everyone is singing in spanish or english church songs. Every morning and night i brush my teeth and put on my church clothes. We wear our suits here like every day its crazy. My mind goes 1000 miles an hour here at night;  going over what ive learned and writing in my diary,  and talking. 

The days feel like weeks and it feels as if I've been here for a month. We have 4 district in our zone, and our zone is really tight, everyone here is wrestling after classes and stuff. The bed kinda sucks, but I got used to it. It thought I lost my wallet but i then found it again. I cant wait to take a 4 hour nap today. A guy in my disctrict plays sc2 alot and i guess is pretty good. Everyone her talks about Harry Potter and Lord of the rings and smash bros, its really awesome. 

  The shoe orthodics are really nice and are really coming in handy. It seems like everyone here is from Utah, Arizona, or California. I'm reading in matthew right now about christs works here on earth. I guess there are these things here called narnia holes, where items and presents are hidden in your dorms and class rooms. 

You spend all your day in your class room teaching yourself. You rarely get a teacher, so your spending the whole day in class studying by yourself and with your companion. Thats why im all over the place. but keep me updated on the Ducks and tell Jeff thanks for writing to me. 

 Im just glad to be able to rest now on my P day. It blows my7 midnd how busy you are here. there is never ny time to do anyhthing. Well I love you alol, i have 30 seconds left. Tell everyone to write me adn that i love them. until next week bye.

1 comment: